2.05.2009

2009.02.05.thing.a.day: cute card holder

i have a very bad craft book habit... i have way too many. one of the things i vowed to do this month is try to make at least one thing out of every book i have that i haven't made anything from (sadly, there are quite a few). so tonight, i made something out of 'let's make cute stuff by aranzi aronzo!'... it definitely has some pretty cute stuff, i have to say. i made a business card holder for my sister, and i tried to choose colors that i thought she would like:

IMG_2868.CR2
IMG_2871.CR2

i love the description in the book: 'imagine you're exchanging name cards with a capable-looking young lady in a business suit. what if she took her card out of a handmade card holder? wouldn't that be surprising? wouldn't that be be astonishing? wouldn't that be fun?'

i would also like to try various pouches, appliques, key rings, bugs, and bags from the book. if you haven't seen it before, i recommend it, it's cram-packed with lots of cute, doable, but practical projects.

cross-posted on thing.a.day

3 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

I would like to make one of these. It would be fun and astonishing, and I don't even own a business suit.

It was good to see you last night. I hope we get to catch up much sooner next time.

Simone said...

oh, about that bad craft book habit, which I share, I have a craft book book club. Why don't you suggest one we can "discuss" in March?
http://craftevolution.com
TAD - Groundsel

smac said...

That is really cute. It would die in my purse. :) I too have many a craft book and I think none of them actually used...ooh I lied! ONE! I used ONE! :)