3.15.2009

figure drawing class

i started to get somewhat frustrated with my attempts to draw recenty, and my friend suggested that i take a figure drawing class. i thought about it and decided it would be a good idea for me to get some practice and instruction in a structured environment. the first class was on friday---all day long! i expected to be exhausted, but it wasn't that bad. here are some of my drawings:

IMG_3050.CR2
warmup
IMG_3051.CR2
warmup
IMG_3054.CR2
overall composition
IMG_3065.CR2
single figure composition
IMG_3071.CR2
1-min gesture
IMG_3072.CR2
1-min gesture

for more, see my flickr set

also, as a follow-up from last week, i bought a wacom tablet and re-painted my self-caricature:

IMG_3042.CR2.paint.02.01

it's definitely soooo much easier to paint with the wacom tablet than it is with the mouse...

No comments: