2.11.2011

2011.02.11.tad: hemmed jeans

today, i hand-sewed some jeans that i had previously hemmed using this method:
http://home.comcast.net/~kozykitty/blog/originalhem.pdf

as the tutorial recommends, you can cut off the excess fabric, but i usually leave it on with the idea that i can change the hem if i need to. i do this because it takes me a while to figure out what kind of shoes i'm usually going to wear with the jeans, and sometimes, i change my mind. normally, the excess fabric isn't a problem. however, these particular jeans are slim/skinny throughout the leg but flared at the ankle, so whenever i walked, the excess fabric would flip out---not ideal---so i hand-sewed the fabric to the body of the jeans. i think they should work much better now.

hemmed_jeans

actually, the ankle doesn't look that flared in the photo, but when worn, it is much more so.

1 comment:

Joanna Chopard said...

I totally agree with you about changing mind about the type of shoes I plan to wear with my pants.... I wish they can be adjusted easily to the shoes height. Sigh...